This is a remake of the hand-vac introduced a few years ago, with some improvements. This design includes a long arm with a motorized brush for floor cleaning. You can disconnect the arm and floor tool for use as a hand-vac.
The DC35 is a BATTERY powered vacuum. It runs on a hefty 22.2 volt lithium ion battery for long lasting power. The motor is designed after its bigger full sized vacuum counterparts. Add in a couple of nifty attachments and you have a go-anywhere hand vac that can do a great deal of chores with true Dyson power.
If you are looking for the DC35 to be a full blown vacuum, you will be disappointed. Its purpose it to save time and strain from using your regular vacuum, or for quick cleanups on countertops, around tables and floors and inside the vehicle. The DC35 has enough power to clean up just like a regular sized vacuum. With the aid of a battery, your mobility is not limited by the power cord.
1. Excellent power, easy to use. Makes clean ups simple.
2. Easy to dump. A trigger on the handle makes dumping easy.
3. Mobility. The lithium ion battery eliminates power cords to get in tight spaces and to allow freedom of movement.
4. 5 year Dyson Warranty.
1. Price. At around $279 it is a little pricey, but you are paying for convenience.
2. Battery life. The lithium ion battery is very powerful, but your maximum usage will amount to about 25 minutes before you have to recharge.
If you are looking for convenience, the Dyson DC35 is a great choice, for any other reasons, look at a traditional vacuum with attachements.
For the best price on the Dyson DC35, visit this Amazon link.